Have you ever heard anyone complain that they’ve got too many cupboards? I don’t think so! A lack of the right places to store things is a problem many of us share.
Most homes could benefit from more effective storage, whether it’s for household equipment, hobbies or shoes. The trick is to make the most of unused or untidy spaces you already have and transform them into useful, stylish assets.
- Get rid of items you don’t need. You can do this by following The Cathy Phillips Tried and Tested Decluttering Method.
- Decide which things you use the most. These should then be kept within easy reach. You can then store little-used or out of season items in out of the way places.
- Increase storage by using multi-functional furniture, such as coffee tables with drawers or storage benches, like this ingenious wine rack seating we created.
- Organise your storage by grouping like items together. Everything is so much easier to put away and find when everything has a proper ‘home’.
- Invest in bespoke storage. At Cathy Phillips & Co we design made-to-measure storage units for kitchens, bedrooms, living rooms, bathrooms, hallways and home offices. Like this clever, compact hideaway home office we created that has won us a coveted Houzz award and in an article on 8 Ways to keep technology tidy.
- Consider hiring a professional home storage interior designer who is trained to make the most of all kinds of nooks and crannies and will commission custom-made solutions for you.
With Cathy Phillips & Co’s Storage Solutions and Space Planning interior design service, you can have solutions that are tailored to meet your exact needs, like this statement shelving which creates a stunning feature in a client’s living room.
Organising your home is something many of us keep putting off. But it really is worth it. A neat, well-ordered, clutter-free home is a real stress-free pleasure. Having everything neatly and beautifully ordered will give you a wonderful feeling of serenity and ease.
Let us help you create an organised home with great storage
If your living space isn’t keeping up with your lifestyle, bespoke interior design can offer you fantastic space-enhancing solutions for storage.
At Cathy Phillips & Co we come up with smart and stylish storage solutions for clients all over London from Notting Hill in West London to Canary Wharf in East London. We would love to do the same for you. Please call us on +44 (0)207 720 6166 or complete our contact form for more information.