Lagom, the Swedish word for ‘just the right amount’ is the latest lifestyle concept from Scandinavia. It focuses on simplicity, quality not quantity, and bringing order and organisation to your home. Lagom inspires us to make things less complicated.
Cathy Phillips & Co acclaimed in Sweden for lagom-style ideas
The Cathy Phillips & Co bespoke interior design service is internationally recognised in this up-and-coming trend, and was recently featured in Sweden on Houzz, the world’s leading go-to website for interior design ideas.
See the lagom-style office space here>
Inspired by the lagom trend?
Here are five ways interior designer Cathy Phillips suggests you can introduce lagom into your home.
- Assess: Look around your home and think, is this ‘just the right amount?’
- Resist hoarding and excess: whether it’s food, fashion or furniture, don’t overindulge. We tend to appreciate things more when quantities are limited.
- Declutter: Discover how to de-clutter with Cathy Phillips tried and tested method.
- Restore harmony and order: incorporate new storage systems with clean lines and simple, streamlined shapes. Having bespoke built-in storage makes sure you have everything you need and nothing you don’t.
- Edit your colour palette: choose a few key neutral colours for a simple, elegant scheme.
Love the lagom look?
If the lagom trend is encouraging you to rethink your home, why not get in touch?
We provide bespoke interior design for clients all over London from our studios in Battersea SW8. For a free consultation, please call us on +44 (0)7720 253 939 or +44 (0)207 720 6660 or complete the brief form to find out how we can help you transform your home, lagom-style.